We are negotiating all the time; the quality of our results and the success of our business depends very much upon the quality of our negotiation skills.
It is a skill at the heart of all professional and business interactions whether with clients, suppliers, colleagues or, indeed, any stakeholder and the key to profitable and sustainable business relationships is the ability to achieve win-win solutions that satisfy all parties at the table.
This course uses the latest thinking from the world of negotiation with an emphasis on practicality and how to apply the techniques in real life. It is based around simple frameworks, structured checklists for each aspect of the negotiation. These checklists will be practiced during the workshops and can be used as ‘cheat-sheets’ before any future real-world negotiations.
What delegates will get from this course:
By attending this 2-day course, participants will be able to:
- Negotiate confidently and skilfully to achieve their optimum outcome in any context
- Reach win-win outcomes even when the desired outcomes seem mutually exclusive
- Achieve their best deal even with the toughest of opponents
- Build profitable and sustainable relationships through negotiating win-win solutions with customers and suppliers, internal or external.
- Call on a repertoire of advanced techniques to resolve any deadlocked situation.
- Successfully resolve complex, multi-party, dynamic negotiations
- Neutralise dirty tactics from the other side.
- Achieve their outcome even when all the power is stacked against them
- Recognise if the other party cannot be trusted and increase their trustability if required.
- Setting ambitious outcomes from the deal and how to get them
- Getting inside the other person’s mind and know what they are thinking
- How to resolve any deadlock
- Using creativity to reach the best possible deal
- Successfully navigating complex, multi-party, dynamic negotiations
- Identifying your strengths and weaknesses as a negotiator
- Using different negotiating styles
- The Harvard approach: 5 principles to get your best result
- Increasing trust
- Dealing with difficult people and neutralising any dirty tricks
- The secrets to the hostage negotiator’s success
- Powerful persuasion structures
- Increasing your negotiation power
- Finding out the unknown unknowns
- The secrets of negotiation mastery.
* Content may change depending on requirements
About your course facilitator:
Simon Horton has spent over 15 years teaching negotiation skills to a wide range of some of the largest and most successful companies in the world.
He has taught hostage negotiators, is a Visiting Lecturer at Imperial College, University of London, and has taught at every level in banks, law firms, manufacturing companies as well as the oil and pharmaceuticals sector.
He is the author of the best-selling book, ‘The Leader’s Guide to Negotiation’, published by the Financial Times. He is known for his training style which is fun and high energy. The programmes are highly interactive and delegates learn mostly through activities and negotiation scenarios.
Companies where Simon Horton has taught include:
|· Accenture||· Dresdner Kleinwort|
|· Adidas||· ExxonMobil|
|· BNP Paribas||· GlaxoSmithKline|
|· BP||· Legal & General|
|· British Airways||· Lloyds of London|
|· British Army HQ||· Man Roland|
|· Capgemini||· NHS|
|· Citigroup||· Roche Pharmaceuticals|
|· Credit Agricole||· Slaughter and May|
|· Daily Telegraph||· West Midlands Police Force|
Exceptionally useful, exceeded my expectations, it has been brilliant. Too many ‘take aways’ to mention. Simon has been brilliant. His style is inspiring.
I have recommended this course to everyone I know! Simon was incredibly helpful and informative, and I learnt so much.
I knew it was going to be good, but I didn’t expect it to be this good.
Simon was fantastic, he made the course really interesting and used lots of interesting examples. I wish the course was longer.
Latham & Watkins
Excellent speaker, best course in the City.
“My work with Simon was invaluable. He’s a great sounding-board offering practical guidance and building confidence. Highly recommended!”
AJ, Head of Local Strategic Communications,
Office for Security and Counter-terrorism.