Course | Compassionate Leadership ~ Leading in Uncertain Times
How can you help your organisation and workforce thrive and be sustainable when you’re not sure what’s around the corner?
What’s the best way of motivating, communicating with, engaging and empowering staff who want to stay and have an impact? Compassionate leadership.
Who Is This Course For?
Organisations that understand people are their key asset, and need to be treated as such, are better able to perform – especially in difficult times. With the additional challenges of the ongoing pandemic, hybrid working, talent attraction and retention and environmental sustainability challenges, it is more important than ever to harness our collective strength, diversity and wisdom.
This is best done in environments that are supportive, psychologically safe and respectful with leaders who are compassionate, clear and courageous. Compassion is action and it is shown in the culture and practices. Compassionate leaders build trust, develop cohesive and collaborative teams, and engender an environment where creativity and innovation flow. The benefits of compassionate leadership are numerous and in this evidence-based course, we will explore the what, why and how those benefits can be gained.
This course is for leaders at any stage who want themselves and their staff to thrive and enhance the performance of the organisation.
What This Course Will Cover?
This is a one-day course, divided into four 2-hour sessions every other week. You’ll learn about the science of compassion, the benefits to yourself, your staff and the organisation, how to practice compassion, how to introduce it in the workplace and overcoming obstacles to compassion at work.
- What is compassion? An exploration and discussion of perceptions. What it is, what it isn’t and why it is good
for us, personally and professionally. The many c’s supporting compassion: caring, courage, curiosity, clarity and congruence
- Neuroscience of Compassion: What are the physiological and neurological effects of
the lack thereof?
- Compassion at work Case studies and exemplars – outcomes that matter Inclusion
Doing no harm to net positive Virtuous cycles and vicious circles
- Compassionate Leadership for you:
Skills to becoming a more compassionate leaders –
Forgiveness and lessons learned
Reframing and perspective taking
- Overcoming Obstacles: How to encourage more compassion in the workplace
All sections will include an introduction to the concept, theory and research.
Comprehensive ‘Live-Online’ Training
- This program is delivered live online that will help you to secure one the most important assets of a manager– time. The live- online course will enable you to join the course from your work, home, travel or holiday destination.
- You will be given with coursework after each module to complete. The tools and the techniques will be provided to complete the coursework.
On This Course, You Will Learn
- You’ll learn about the science of compassion, the benefits to yourself, your staff and the organisation, how to practice compassion, how to introduce it in the workplace and overcoming obstacles to compassion at work.
Participants will receive certificate of attendance upon successfully completing the Leadership Academy; Compassionate Leadership course.
Lisa Blackett Leadership and Wellbeing Coach
Course Instructor and Trainer